It’s time for another net worth update. This month I had a $9 grand increase since October. Breakdown below:
Increases – $14,370.75
- After tax income – $11,438.05
- HSA contributions – $283.38
- Interest from checking and savings accounts – $26.99
- Gain on investments – $2,622.33
Decreases – $4,997.50
- Rent, utilities and deposit – $2,168.51
- Charitable Contributions – $250
- Black Friday Shopping – $1,208.74
- Other expenses – $1,370.35
Net increase – $9,373.15
Yikes. As you can see, Black Friday was my Achilles’ heel – the fateful day when I bought a whopping $900 DJI Mavic Pro drone and a $300 Nintendo Switch* console (with game). But that’s okay, because these weren’t spontaneous purchases. Rather, they were the product of months of research.
Well okay, maybe not so much the Nintendo. That was just an extended wait for a good deal hehe.**
But the drone we plan to use at our wedding next year. After all, a $900 drone is a frugal alternative to a $5,000 videographer. Especially since videography is kind of my thing.
Other than that, things have been smooth as usual. Just a couple more paychecks and I’ll be a quarter millionaire.^^
*Note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. That means any purchases that you make through those links could help out the blog, so thanks!
**Once I’ve squeezed every last bit of fun out of the Switch, you can bet it’s going on Craigslist.