And he’s back! Sorry for the brief hiatus – summertime has always been the hardest when it comes to tracking expenses. Luckily, my net worth has continued to grow despite all the travels and activities. Here’s what’s happened since we last spoke:
Increases – $29,251.24
- After tax income – $15,319.53
- 401k contributions – $7,852.28
- HSA contributions – $670.61
- Interest from checking and savings accounts – $56.81
- Rent deposit refund – $691.92
- Gain on investments – $4,660.09
Decreases – $6,866.77
- Rent, utilities and deposit – $4,328
- Travel – $438.38
- Other expenses – $2,100.39
Net increase – $22,384.47
Not too shabby eh? My biggest accomplishment this past month was to contribute an entire paycheck to my 401k. Why’d I contribute so much so quickly? Two reasons: (1) at my tax bracket, this saves me almost $3,000 from that one paycheck alone and (2) the earlier I get my money into the market, the more dividends I’ll get. So that’s why my next couple of paychecks will go to my 401k too until it’s maxed out at $18,000 for the year.
In other news, I traveled to Korea to meet my girlfriend’s parents and we received their blessing for marriage! So there just might be a few upcoming posts about wedding planning and related finances.
Lastly, did I already mention that I’m finally a two hundred thousandaire? Woohoo!