Hooray for the first net worth update of the year! This past month, my net worth grew about 16 and a half grand. Breakdown below:
Increases – $20,846.67
- After tax income – $5,621.27
- 401(k) contributions – $7,806.45
- HSA contributions – $260.38
- Interest from checking and savings accounts – $27.43
- Gain on investments – $7,131.14
Decreases – $4,271.46
- Rent, utilities and deposit – $2,197.39
- Gift cards – $493.73
- Charitable contributions – $300
- Other expenses – $1,280.34
Net increase – $16,575.21
Not bad. Mr. Market gave me a whopping $7k return in January, but as you probably guessed, Mr. Market took it all back again during the last couple of days. But more on that when I post February’s net worth update.
I also spent about $500 to buy gift cards at Raise.* At Raise you can get gift cards for a variety of stores at a discount. And since my fiancé and I shop at Walmart and Sam’s Club quite a bit, we decided to stock up on Walmart gift cards.
In other news, I’m doing that thing again where I contribute my entire paycheck to my 401(k). The idea is to max it out early and take advantage of dividend compounding.
Well, that’s all for now. See you all again next month! 🙂
Oh and by the way, it’s my 100th post! 😀
*Note that if you sign up for Raise through my referral link you’ll get $5 off your first order. And I’ll get $5 too so thanks in advance!