Increases – $16,046.54
- After tax income – $8,389.32
- HSA contributions – $62.82
- Sales on Craigslist – $10*
- decluttr referral bonus – $10
- Interest from checking and savings accounts – $29.66
- Reimbursement (CA Bar Exam and bar review tuition) – $5,065
- Gain on investments – $2,479.74
Decreases – $2,614.39
- Rent and utilities – $2,086.84
- Other expenses – $527.55
Net increase – $13,432.15
Things are finally quieting down now that my apartment is nicely furnished and I’ve paid all my bar exam fees. And at just $530 in expenses outside of rent, I’d say I’m off to a pretty good start for 2017! On top of that, my firm gave me a raise so the paychecks will get bigger.
This year’s goals are to cook as much as possible, bike whenever I can and travel more with the 150k points on my Chase Sapphire Reserve. In addition, I might move somewhere cheaper in May and give my savings an extra boost.
Well that’s all for now. I’ll be busy studying for the bar so apologies in advance if this blog gets quiet. But don’t worry, it’ll get hopping again in March. See you all next time!
*Item sold on Craigslist: one Zero Suit Samus amiibo.